Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Notes on Hamlet.

Explain how your thinking about the play has evolved from the time we began reading to the end of Act III. Has anything changed your mind about the plot or characters since the ghost showed up at midnight? Where do you see things going from here?

I expected the worse to come once Dr. Preston said we had to recite the soliloquy because I knew Hamlet was hard to understand. I thought I wasn't going to understand Hamlet but Samantha Garrison and a few others made the learning easy. I took more from the play the times we read together as a class and went over it. Little things like that were able to make a difference for myself and for others as well. I thought that Claudius was going to be the worst character ever, but as you read the text his villainous ways don't pop like they're supposed to. His tone is calmer than that of a murderer but it's still interesting seeing all the character's interact with one another. I can see things unraveling and Hamlet having another reason to kill King Claudius.

No comments:

Post a Comment