Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journal: 11/20/12

Describe a symbol that means something to you. How did the symbol come to represent an abstract idea?  Is the idea shared by others or is it yours alone?  If it's an individual interpretation, what does it say about you?  If it's social, how does interpreting the symbol identify the reader/viewer as a member of the tribe who "gets it"?

-A dream catcher means something to me since everytime I look at it I think it'll free me from bad thoughts. One day, Sammy came back from Arizona and in his belonging he had a dream catcher. He told me the story behind the dream catcher and I began to believe in its existance. This symbol respents purity because it cleanses bad dreams or thoughts. I overthink things but when I do I feel that the dream catcher detangles it. The dream catcher means that I will be protected and freed from bad thoughts. I believe that having a symbol that represents you will be a good motivator. A dream catcher helps me by assuring me that anthing 'evil' will be taken away from my thoughts, actions and dreams. It's a way of saying that tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. I like your background.
    Was Henry V insane?
    tproberrhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com

    Please comment on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) I like how you are doing a virtual journal!

    B) Charles Dickens wrote many Christmas stories, why do you think a Christmas Carol above the others has become such an important American icon?

    C) http://akuhlmanrhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/?m=1
    Please comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete