Friday, December 14, 2012

"Fall Semester Reflection"

Do you read your colleagues’ work online?  How often? What is it like to read their work? How does being able to see everyone’s work online at any given time change the way you do your work?
Yes, I usually read my colleagues' work when I don't understand something. Its easy for me to read blogs with reliable authors. It gives me a better example of what I'm supposed to do.
How has the publicly and always visible course blog made this course different from one without a blog?  How would the course change if the course blog disappeared tomorrow?
It gives you the option of actually reflecting your personality into your work. It would take the meaning away from collaborating working groups since we ask each other to correct homework or work together on assignments. 
Has publishing your work for the public to see changed your approach to completing an assignment? How so?  How would your feelings about the course change if you couldn’t publish your work that way?
It makes you try harder because people are able to see where you are with your work and how much effort your putting into it. It would takes away the meaning of letting us work with our peers.
Has your experience of the physical classroom changed because of the open & online aspects?  Where does your learning actually happen?  
Yes, it is a great learning experience because we are able to work with the other class periods. Their blogs are listed on the same webpage as ours so we could see their styles of work. It's a great way to expand connections and build a educational relationships. 
You were described in the Macarthur Foundation/DML  interview as “a pioneer”-- how do you describe the experience on the edge to people who haven’t been there (friends and family)?
usually show them my blog after I finish a long assignment because they wonder what I am doing and why.
How do they respond when you describe the brave new world in which you’re working?
They are amazed at all the work we put into our blogs.
What do their responses mean to you?  What effect(s) (if any) do they have on you?
If they like my blog I simply smile because I know I am doing a good job. It encourages me to try harder and post more because they want to hear what i have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment